Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Thanks Again For Your Votes

Today I received a response to my email to the State Bar asking what the vote count was for the Stone Mountain Circuit, Post 1 election. It was as follows:

Jay Eidex, Atlanta 76
Claudia S. Saari, Decatur 179
Katie Wood, Atlanta 198
Write-in 2
Unexercised Vote 111
Multiple Mark 0

Total 566

Thank you again, everyone who voted for me.

What I find most astonishing is how few votes were cast for any candidate. The Stone Mountain Circuit has a total of 2,734 members, of which 2,438 are active members. I knew that participation in these elections is low, but still I am surprised by these numbers. In any event, I am grateful to have almost 200 friends, professional colleagues and acquaintances willing to vote for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment